Saturday, January 12, 2013

Practicing I'm a Little Monkey!

My darling daughter just finished her I'm a Little Monkey chart.  I'm a Little Monkey is a pretty standard pre-twinkle song with Suzuki.  It paves the way to learning Twinkle and requires lots and lots of playing.  My girl's other teacher, Ramona Stirling, uses this chart and I like that it's unique and different from the typical chart.

First of all, I print 5 copies of this chart.  This makes 90 repetitions.
We then cut the chart and tape it together to make a giant ladder.  Each day she would average about 5 Monkey songs and we would put stickers on the chart at the end of her practice.  
 After a few weeks, we finished the chart and she got a prize....such an exciting day for her.  We've taped it on the wall for everyone to see.  It's been a great accomplishment for her.  Now she is ready to learn the basics of Twinkle!

You can download this chart at The Practice Shoppe.

No comments: