Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Recipe for a Successful Practice

A few weekends ago I got the privilege to present at a Suzuki Piano workshop for parents.  As I was thinking of ideas of what to present I decided that we were (mostly) all moms and we do a lot of cooking and can relate to recipes.  Therefore, the title of my presentation was "Recipe for a Successful Practice."

Nothing I said was new or scientific, but rather a fun way to reinforce some basic qualities of a successful practice.  I've included my handout here and hopefully, you can get some ideas on what you need to improve to make your practicing more successful. You could give a presentation like this to parents of your music students.  It's good to hear the same things over and over!

2023 update: Here is an updated handout.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, this is lovely. I'll definitely be hanging on to this idea to help parents in the future.

Ruth Showalter said...

This is sweet! Is there a way to down load your recipe? (not expecting free, btw) Thanks for all your wonderful ideas!